TOPIC: ...grief..?

...grief..? 2 weeks 1 day ago #3401017

• Classic_48
  • Classic_48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 31
  • Honor Medal 2010
...grief..? No, but thank you. I've got plenty of my own.

Please don't ask me to enjoin you in yours of that of some thrid party.

Have a nice day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

...grief..? 2 weeks 1 day ago #3401018

• BlushingOrchid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1737
  • Honor Medal 2010
Is this a trick question OR comment? what are you looking for discussion on exactly?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie

"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them"

...grief..? 2 weeks 1 day ago #3401029

• Classic_48
  • Classic_48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 31
  • Honor Medal 2010
It is not a trick question. It is a thought.

Are you sometimes approached by others who would offload their grief upon you?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie

...grief..? 2 weeks 1 day ago #3401065

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3540
  • Honor Medal 2010
Some people on buzz have absolutely no family or friends,they only have the friends they have made through buzz, If a friend is in distress about whatever it may be,I would help them in whatever way I could,
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, JennieR62, Wren, Jinty, Bessie

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

...grief..? 2 weeks 23 hours ago #3401100

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8808
  • Honor Medal 2010
I used to be a regular Princess Dii but not so much these days. Are we talking actual grief as in sorrow ? Or grief as in, “ he’s giving me grief” meaning aggravation?
Seriously, I help if I can, mostly listening.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, Bessie

It’s easy to stay with the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone.
Last edit: by Aida.

...grief..? 2 weeks 22 hours ago #3401111

• Jinty
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 137
  • Honor Medal 2010
A cup of tea and a friendly ear is all that someone may need.I hope we all have some compassion in us.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JennieR62, Vienna, Aries1950, JUJO, T65KBK, Bones, Bessie

Scottish by Birth,
British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God.

...grief..? 2 weeks 22 hours ago #3401116

• Bessie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 495
  • Honor Medal 2010
the thing i've learnt from grieving is.. if you don't get it out of your system and try and bottle it up. the more the grief will last! i lost my husband last year and one thing we need the most is someone to listen to us. we need to talk about our loss. and let the pain out. or we will never get over the grieving process. grief never leaves you. it comes back when you THINK you're getting there.
it's common that you're left alone after a funeral. because. "she'll be ok now. the funeral's over. lets get back to normal life again". that's not so easy when you've lost someone so close you lived with for years!
you don't seem to understand what grieving is. and how you could help them by just listening and been there for them!it will happen to us all one day. and when it does. you will understand what having a friend and someone around that is there for you when you need them is.
Coming on here every day has helped me to cope a lot. and since i've been chatting to friends and posting it's kept grief away a lot for me. i think saying 'off load grief on someone' is a wrong term. you sound as though you have no sympathy for the ones that have lost someone.sorry if i'm wrong.
if you are grieving i feel for you. and know what you're going through.you will always have good friends here who are willing to listen and support you if you need it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rosie 2 UK, Elspeth, JennieR62, Aries1950, JUJO, T65KBK, Jinty, Bones

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!

...grief..? 2 weeks 21 hours ago #3401141

• T65KBK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6514
  • Honor Medal 2010
Grief for someone who was deeply loved can be all consuming ... emotions seem to well up unbidden at any time of day and night. At the time it can seem as if it will never go away and indeed, in many ways it never does but at some point it is wise to accept help from good friends or family if they are around or if not, here on Buzz. Talking about a lost loved one IMO is always a good idea even if it calls up fresh tears. In my experience, anger is also a very normal emotion to add to all the others that take over after a bereavement.
Yes, we have to allow ourselves to grieve and it can be a long process but there is light at the end of the tunnel especially if we don't try to make it completely alone.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, Bones, Bessie

...grief..? 2 weeks 21 hours ago #3401147

• Bones
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 491
  • Honor Medal 2010
Some people seem to think that grief only lasts a certain length of time, and then you should ''get over it and start living again''
It's not that simple, many people grieve for years, but maybe don't show it outwardly in case it makes others feel uncomfortable, and it's a good idea just to ask someone how they are, and if they want to talk, then listen...it costs nothing to show a bit of compassion.

I have a friend who lost his wife 3 years ago..they were very close. I don't see him very often but I always make a point of asking how he is, and if he wants to talk about his wife I let him, in fact we both talk about her. Then I give him a hug and tell him to take care..I know in some small way I make him smile that day.
The following user(s) said Well Said: FelisConcolor, JennieR62, Vienna, JUJO, T65KBK, PJ54, Bessie

Be kind!
You have no idea the struggles others may be going through.

...grief..? 2 weeks 20 hours ago #3401152

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1499
  • Honor Medal 2010
Grieving is a normal human emotion and should never be bottled up, Let the emotion go if you want to stand on a hilltop and scream do it,
The only thing I dislike is when people say give it a bit of time and you will get over it, When you lose someone close like a family member you do not get over it what you do is you learn to live with it and when this is achieved you can carry on living a full life without ever forgetting your loved ones.
Time isn't a healer Time just gives us the time to learn to live with life's challenges.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, JennieR62, Vienna, Aries1950, JUJO, T65KBK, PJ54, Bones, Bessie

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds