Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced??

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 5 days 9 hours ago #3381470

• Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 16760
  • Honor Medal 2010
This afternoon my daughter took her vehicle to a nearby popular discount chain store to purchase all season tires for her Cherokee Jeep. I picked her up and brought her to my home. An hour and a half later, the serviceman called and informed us that he could not get those "lug" nuts off the tires and therefore could not replace the tires. . It was too much work !! She has yet to learn to be more assertive, and did not contest or question the issue. I was gobsmacked (love that British word) and called them back immediately. I told them calmly but firmly to "try harder" to get those lug nuts off and we would pick it up directly upon completion of service. I could not help but give them a metaphor, it's like calling a restaurant and ordering a meal and subsequently them calling back and saying they're out of food ! No further comments from the serviceman, he agreed.

They called us an hour later and told us the vehicle was ready for pick up. No further hassle for my daughter having to find another tire store and wasting another day haggling with servicemen.

Have you had terrible customer service? If so, how did you handle it?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R, BlushingOrchid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 5 days 9 hours ago #3381475

• BlushingOrchid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1054
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, well done to intervene for your daughter.

Yes, I have had terrible customer service and just recently. I will share tomorrow, power out again have to save my charge on laptop LOL.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, hcf3sf

"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them"

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 22 hours ago #3381680

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1686
  • Honor Medal 2010
Do occasionally have to go to plan B when my garage says they are not able to do something. Costs me extra time sorting whatever out, but the garage loses the business and also my money. My main bad experiences these days is trying to get items purchased on line delivered at a time of my choosing. A recent parcel I asked to be delivered in the afternoon, they turned up before 8am, so as I was still in bed had a card put through the door. Went on line and got them to deliver the next day when they did come in the afternoon.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 21 hours ago #3381711

• Elspeth
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2581
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've experienced it from boths sides having worked in Customer Relations. In my experience most people want acknowledgement of the issue and a response as to how it will be resolved.

Good for you Serena for going back to them getting them to do the necessary. It sounds as if they couldn't be bothered and no customer likes to feel as if they don't matter however I reckon your analogy re the restaurant was a great point and had the desired effect.

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 21 hours ago #3381719

• Blackbird
  • Away
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 114
good and bad, most companies are quite good dealing with genuine complaints, top of my list is Amazon ( not 3rd party sellers) their customer service is excellent.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Miesque, Serena77, T65KBK, RichardA

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 21 hours ago #3381727

• Miesque
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 999

Serena77 wrote: This afternoon my daughter took her vehicle to a nearby popular discount chain store to purchase all season tires for her Cherokee Jeep. I picked her up and brought her to my home. An hour and a half later, the serviceman called and informed us that he could not get those "lug" nuts off the tires and therefore could not replace the tires. . It was too much work !! She has yet to learn to be more assertive, and did not contest or question the issue. I was gobsmacked (love that British word) and called them back immediately. I told them calmly but firmly to "try harder" to get those lug nuts off and we would pick it up directly upon completion of service. I could not help but give them a metaphor, it's like calling a restaurant and ordering a meal and subsequently them calling back and saying they're out of food ! No further comments from the serviceman, he agreed.

They called us an hour later and told us the vehicle was ready for pick up. No further hassle for my daughter having to find another tire store and wasting another day haggling with servicemen.

A very similar experience happened to me once - lug nuts too tight. However, give the mechanic his due he put his back into it and got an end result. My thoughts are, is it possibly 'the woman on her own situation' !? I know I was very rattled about it having only just learnt to drive and purchased my first car.

Love minus zero = no limit! Dylan

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 21 hours ago #3381728

• Miesque
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 999
Customer Services at a very large department store (JL) are more or less non-existent at present. I had been hammering away in order to get a considerable refund for an online purchase, only to be ignored completely. I then advised JL I would be placing the matter before their Chief Executive. Hey presto, they sprung into action !

Love minus zero = no limit! Dylan

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 19 hours ago #3381752

• DancingByMyself
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 316
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Serena, your daughter was lucky to have you on her side.
I had an issue when my car was serviced and knowing nothing about cars I happily paid and drove off, only to find myself later stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. I called my rescue company out and waited there for just about an hour and saw there was something leaking out from under my car. I told the rescue engineer that it had literally just been serviced and he told me that the fuel pipe was disconnected and that in his opinion it was dislodged manually and not reconnected securely again. I have no idea why the fuel pipe would have needed to be disconnected for a service but I decided to let the garage where I used to get my car serviced know what had happened, just so that whoever did the service could be aware for the future. I, of course, didn't expect them to refund me the fuel that had spilled over the road as I considered it would have been an accident, I didn't expect them to miraculously give me back the time I spent on the side of the road and/or that they would be able to reschedule my missed appointment. Neither did I imagine they would in any way be able to compensate for the call out that I made to my emergency service provider and which I am confident led to an increase in the cost of my cover the next year, but I did expect an apology. Having used this garage numerous times before and the huge coincidence that it occurred on the same day, immediately after driving away from the garage, I think a little concern on their part would be natural to assume.
I called in the next day and explained what had occurred and all I received was a very defensive person telling me they didn't do it and would not be held accountable. I had made no accusations and really just felt that they would want to know. Oh well. I obviously did not go back there. My only regret was that as most of normally do, I had given them a tip.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Mykle

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 19 hours ago #3381761

• Mykle
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1170
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had a problem with a german rail company. Having booked a first class two berth sleeper cabin from Paris to Hamburg . When i got to board the train I was told that there were no 1st class or 2nd class sleeper cabins on the train , only 6 berth couchettes which we had no option but to accept, It was dirty, smelled of urine , we were give one thin sheet which also smelled of urine. The only consideration we were given was that the train person said she would try and see that we had it to ourselves, Great !! lol. we suggested compensation but were told to contact the company at Paris. We did that , NOTHING . We then on arriving home wrote to the company service dept, the gave us £20 refund !! I was seething , so went on line and found the E mail addresses of all the Directors of the company 8 of them. Then wrote to ALL of them , not an E mail but snail mail stating what had happened.. Surprise surprise , we had a full refund of the fare that I had paid which was about £180 and a one off payment of £50 and a very apologetic letter from the CEO. So i pays if you can go to the top

Last edit: by Mykle.

Customer Service ... Good or Bad experienced?? 4 days 19 hours ago #3381766

• RichardA
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1208

Miesque wrote:

Serena77 wrote: This afternoon my daughter took her vehicle to a nearby popular discount chain store to purchase all season tires for her Cherokee Jeep. I picked her up and brought her to my home. An hour and a half later, the serviceman called and informed us that he could not get those "lug" nuts off the tires and therefore could not replace the tires. . It was too much work !! She has yet to learn to be more assertive, and did not contest or question the issue. I was gobsmacked (love that British word) and called them back immediately. I told them calmly but firmly to "try harder" to get those lug nuts off and we would pick it up directly upon completion of service. I could not help but give them a metaphor, it's like calling a restaurant and ordering a meal and subsequently them calling back and saying they're out of food ! No further comments from the serviceman, he agreed.

A very similar experience happened to me once - lug nuts too tight. However, give the mechanic his due he put his back into it and got an end result. My thoughts are, is it possibly 'the woman on her own situation' !? I know I was very rattled about it having only just learnt to drive and purchased my first car.

A question arises......who tightened the lug nuts? Chances are it was the garage and that an air wrench was used. This almost always leads to the lug nuts being overtightened and thus not tightened to the correct torque setting. Two things 1) Over tightening put excessive strain on the stud (the torque setting is there for a reason!) 2) It can be very difficult to loosen them with the spanner provided with the vehicle for changing a wheel, in the case of a puncture for instance.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds