Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff?

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342493

• Frankie
  • Frankie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1737
  • Honor Medal 2010
Personally I dont, how about you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342497

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4813
  • Honor Medal 2010
I never try to be funny, it just comes naturally! :huh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira, Steffiegirl, angelproxy

"Action is eloquence.."

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342501

• Wren
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1136
  • Honor Medal 2010
I imagine anyone trying to make a living as a comedian may have to chose their words more carefully, personally I find most PC stuff so ridiculous it's a good source for humour :laugh:

Last edit: by Wren.

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342509

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4006
  • Honor Medal 2010
I refuse to be PC and no longer post on one site because I had an hilarious joke removed on the altar of PC.Think it’s on here somewhere.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, Wren

The Cornish Pasty

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342514

• NewTricks
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2098
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think there are a significant number of people nowadays who must spend their life looking for something to be offended about.
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, Dan Dare, knighten, Wren, Bruce, Lucie

Better to be thought a fool........
than to open your mouth and prove it!

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342552

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Honor Medal 2010
It's not harder to be funny these days, just a lot easier to offend someone who is looking to be offended. Having worked abroad back in the day, as the immigrant I know I was the but of various jokes, as were all Expats, but we just ignored it and it soon stopped.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342579

• knighten
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 525
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mansplaining.WHAT A JOKE.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342606

• Frankie
  • Frankie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1737
  • Honor Medal 2010
PC hasn't affected the Seaside Postcard at all, it still here among us saucy as ever

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342619

• WWWoody
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1638
  • Honor Medal 2010
The jokes between Scandinavians were always funny to me. Unless you’re on the losing end of them. Very painful. :laugh:

God Bless Murica!
Last edit: by WWWoody.

Do you think its harder to be funny nowadays with all the PC stuff? 1 week 5 days ago #3342634

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8639
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think humour is subjective. I find a lot of “humour” that some folk find funny is too contrived or coarse for my taste but I do chuckle at a bit of observational humour or a bit of subtle, witty repartee.

I don’t really understand all this angst and anger about “political correctness” , either - maybe the concept of what constitutes “political correctness” is subjective too - the meaning of “political correctness” has changed a lot since the phrase was first coined, so I try to avoid using it because I think it’s a fairly useless term that means different things to different people.

It seems to me that it’s usually the folk who object to something they call “political correctness” who keep banging on about it all the time - and I never really know what they are on about.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Aviara, Vegemite Kid, Dan Dare, DaveA

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds