Garden visit 1 week 22 hours ago #3293719

• Mykle
  • Mykle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1019
  • Honor Medal 2010
Today a we have a garden group of 30 from sandane 30 miles away, and guess what , Its pouring down:angry:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rips

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Garden visit 1 week 17 hours ago #3293918

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8539
  • Honor Medal 2010
That must be very disappointing and irritating, Mykle.

From the photos I’ve seen of your garden, it looks a magical place, whatever the weather, and I’m sure your Norwegian friends will cope with a bit of “weather” and enjoy their day with you, come rain or shine.

Hope the day went well and the rain didn’t dampen spirits too much. (;;) :xxx: B)

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Garden visit 1 week 15 hours ago #3294008

• Mykle
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Eira, yes they did , all 30 turned up wellies waterproofs brollies, all their food which they chose to eat either in the garage or under a brollie, typical Norwegians . Really enjoyed their visit
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira

Garden visit 1 week 15 hours ago #3294022

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4943
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mykle wrote: Eira, yes they did , all 30 turned up wellies waterproofs brollies, all their food which they chose to eat either in the garage or under a brollie, typical Norwegians . Really enjoyed their visit

That is good ,do you donate the proceeds to charity

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Garden visit 1 week 4 hours ago #3294223

• Mykle
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

Mykle wrote: Eira, yes they did , all 30 turned up wellies waterproofs brollies, all their food which they chose to eat either in the garage or under a brollie, typical Norwegians . Really enjoyed their visit

Proceeds??? you dont charge people to look around your garden here. All of these came 30 or 40 miles in the pouring rain
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Garden visit 1 week 3 hours ago #3294255

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5553
  • Honor Medal 2010
You have an inspiring garden with a wonderful view Mykle I'm sure your guests were impressed .
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Last edit: by Rips.

Garden visit 1 week 15 minutes ago #3294413

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mykle wrote:

Topsy wrote:

Proceeds??? you dont charge people to look around your garden here. All of these came 30 or 40 miles in the pouring rain

Well all the gardens I have visited ,make a modest charge to view , which then goes to charity ,seems eminently sensible to me .
In fact I ,every Summer put a poster in my window from the local H
smile.png ospice , asking people to open their gardens to the public . Many do , and ask for a modest donation which goes the the Hospice .
Marvellous idea , as *every little helps*

Garden visit 6 days 16 hours ago #3294736

• Mykle
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Topsy wrote:

Mykle wrote:

Topsy wrote:

Well all the gardens I have visited ,make a modest charge to view , which then goes to charity ,seems eminently sensible to me .
smile.png ospice , asking people to open their gardens to the public . Many do , and ask for a modest donation which goes the the Hospice .

That may be ok where you live but we dont have people going past and our nearest neighbour is 5 min walk away, and the other side maybe 4 or 5 miles and that is not near the road.

Couldnt read a poster in our window its 100 yds from the road, a road that has maybe 20 cars a day.
When in the U k we were in the local garden group and did similar to what you suggest. There was aday in June when maybe 20 or 30 gardens were open in the district and people paid I think £5 to visit them all, the money was then given to the Hospital League of Friends. dont think that would work here.

Garden visit 6 days 16 hours ago #3294739

• Mykle
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
couple of pictures of todays picking, think we are picking this much every two days.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R

Garden visit 6 days 16 hours ago #3294740

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mykle wrote:

Topsy wrote:

Mykle wrote:

Topsy wrote:

That may be ok where you live but we dont have people going past and our nearest neighbour is 5 min walk away, and the other side maybe 4 or 5 miles and that is not near the road.

Couldnt read a poster in our window its 100 yds from the road, a road that has maybe 20 cars a day.
When in the U k we were in the local garden group and did similar to what you suggest. There was aday in June when maybe 20 or 30 gardens were open in the district and people paid I think £5 to visit them all, the money was then given to the Hospital League of Friends. dont think that would work here.

Fair comment smile
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mykle

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds