• Page:

TOPIC: voting

voting 1 week 2 days ago #3215744

• brexit
  • brexit's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7
Why do we vote,too hopefully get things done by the people we vote for.What do we gert in return......people we voted for on their promises,renegrade on their promises.and we have to wait 5 years to unelect them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

voting 1 week 2 days ago #3215775

• Polliyana
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4221
  • Honor Medal 2010
There is a movement by the grass roots Tories, they need 10,000 signatures apparently to get rid of TM. Therefore, when you cast your vote at local level
IF you vote, please don't cut your nose off, to spite your face. Local Tories as as angry as the next person.

voting 1 week 2 days ago #3215826

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 624
  • Honor Medal 2010
We're not having local elections this year as we're changing over to a unitary authority in a couple of years. We do have elected people who are very good at talking the talk, but not so good as walking the walk. Will be interested to see if they can sort things out and not have to go for the European elections. I'm not holding my breath.
The following user(s) said Well Said: yrral32

voting 1 week 2 days ago #3215885

• yrral32
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5617
  • Honor Medal 2010
It's probably all over the world. As Sandgrounder says, politicians are good at talking the talk, also here in the U.S... but implementing the ideas are another story !
The following user(s) said Well Said: hcf3sf

voting 1 week 2 days ago #3215922

• hcf3sf
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 99
  • Honor Medal 2010
Having voted in every election I can for almost 48 years, I can say that the bigger the election the larger the promises and the less likely they are to be carried out. I am in the US but I do suspect this trend is worldwide. This applies to all parties. The sad part to me is that most people know this, yet we continue to believe candidates when they promise these things. For me it comes down to who I think will do the best job at creating laws that will help people live in the ways that everyone should have a right to live.
The following user(s) said Well Said: yrral32, tomtwodogs

Blessings,
Harry

voting 1 week 1 day ago #3216234

• Savvy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 647
  • Honor Medal 2010

hcf3sf wrote: Having voted in every election I can for almost 48 years, I can say that the bigger the election the larger the promises and the less likely they are to be carried out. I am in the US but I do suspect this trend is worldwide. This applies to all parties. The sad part to me is that most people know this, yet we continue to believe candidates when they promise these things. For me it comes down to who I think will do the best job at creating laws that will help people live in the ways that everyone should have a right to live.

Since I was legally old enough to vote I voted in every election, baring one local election primary. I vote to secure my right to complain.

The national system of elections in the US excludes anyone who is not a liar. The more they lie, the higher they rise.

I live within a few miles of where three states come together. Next national election, I plan to vote in multiple polling places in all three states. MAGA

"I think I am a great moral leader" Donald Trump, Nov. 1018
"I think I can fly" Savvy, Jan. 2019
Last edit: by Savvy.

voting 1 week 1 day ago #3216396

• himerus
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2447
  • Honor Medal 2010
Governments across the world seem to be failing the people they represent.
The following user(s) said Well Said: yrral32, Robin, tomtwodogs

voting 5 days 20 hours ago #3218014

• Meeooow
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 69
I wonder if voting has any relevance anymore!
17.4 million peoples vote to exit the Eu, this vote has been pretty much ignored. If we vote again and the remain faction wins, then do we vote again or will the result be what they wanted in the first place. Such blatant chicanery.
Next question..are we heading for a Dictatorship?

voting 5 days 20 hours ago #3218029

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8384
  • Honor Medal 2010
When I vote, I don't vote along party political lines - I consider the individual people who are standing as candidates, look at their personal track record of achievements and integrity, as well as their policies or the policies of the party they represent.
My choice of candidate is usually Independent of party politics or Liberal (in the true English sense of the word - not to be confused with what some folk think "Liberal" means)

If you are voting for folk who get elected but don't match up to your expectations, then maybe you haven't done your pre-voting homework properly. So many folk vote for a party, instead of selecting the best local candidate, then complain when that candidate doesn't deliver what they want.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, Pats

Step by step, one goes a long way.

voting 5 days 14 hours ago #3218158

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 624
  • Honor Medal 2010
Got notification today of my postal vote for the EU elections if they go ahead today. .

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds