The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 4 days ago #3195372

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 939
  • Honor Medal 2010
Unfortunately I come across a lot of fly tipping as I drive around where I live. I do report it and it does get moved after a few days. Have seen people dumping, so made a note of vehicle Reg No.'s and reported. Should be fined and made to pay the cost of the clear up. If they do it again then should be given a prison sentence as well.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 3 days ago #3196054

• SP12
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1089
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wonder if local authorities made it easier to take rubbish to the tip (recycling centre) it would stop a lot of fly tipping. I am having a big clear out, a friend has offered to take my rubbish to my local tip, I contacted the council to ask if that would be OK. As his truck is registered outside the local authority area he can't use my local tip, I asked if it would be OK if I were to go with him and prove I was a resident, no not possible. I then asked if I could purchase a temporary licence limiting his visits to the tip to just 2 or 3 - no that is not possible either. The local authority will collect larger items (for a fee) but not everything. It means I have to hire a skip which means everything will go to landfill rather than being sorted for recycling.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 3 days ago #3196060

• pascalou
  • Away
  • Well said received: 7273
  • Honor Medal 2010

SP12 wrote: I wonder if local authorities made it easier to take rubbish to the tip (recycling centre) it would stop a lot of fly tipping. I am having a big clear out, a friend has offered to take my rubbish to my local tip, I contacted the council to ask if that would be OK. As his truck is registered outside the local authority area he can't use my local tip, I asked if it would be OK if I were to go with him and prove I was a resident, no not possible. I then asked if I could purchase a temporary licence limiting his visits to the tip to just 2 or 3 - no that is not possible either. The local authority will collect larger items (for a fee) but not everything. It means I have to hire a skip which means everything will go to landfill rather than being sorted for recycling.

Because of so many unconsiderate people who dump full trucks in our local recycling station they locked it and only round the year residents might have access to it which we do not, as we only stay a couple of months a year. in France, but we can dial the local authority and they come and pick up for free at our door steps.

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last edit: by pascalou.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 3 days ago #3196190

• Davenorave
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1552
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think my solution may be considered extreme. Burtttt. Perhaps castration followed by force feeding whatever shit they dropped illegally off. For any punishment to succeed. (Iv'e said b4) It needs to hurt. Or take away their vehicles, property and whatever is precious to them. More so for the main offenders of this crime...... the Dids.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 3 days ago #3196202

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2120
  • Honor Medal 2010
Alas the sentence 'Community Service' is passed its sell by date.>> As recently discussed in our local council.
It was established that administration and supervision costs to council/taxpayer's were considerable more than a fine a Magistrate could impose.
Apart from some physical/abusive issues at street level.

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 3 days ago #3196397

• wendeey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1694
  • Honor Medal 2010

TwistNShout wrote:

Pats wrote:

Frankie wrote: You may not agree with me but I thoughts are to beat with a birch put in stocks so everyone can express their thoughts with rotten tomatoes and then made to pay and possibly put away for a bit.

Thankfully society has moved away from the dark ages Frankie.

Living in a very rural area, we often see rubbish dumped on a verge or layby....if they can do that why not drive to the tip?

That is what confuses me, I've seen sofas, TVs and fridges dumped in the New Forest - if these scum can load this stuff up and take it that far why can't they take it to a tip?

I had the pleasure of reporting a truck which I saw pull into a layby and then tip the back to dump a load of rubble. I had a video (supplied to the police) plus truck registration and builder's name that was painted on the truck. I never heard anymore from the Police, so they are not enforcing the laws we do have.

This sort of crime doesn't come under the police, it's the council, so they might have passed it onto the council am surprised they didn't tell you to contact the council as the council definitely would have followed it up and fined them.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 3 days ago #3196446

• caretaker
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 918
  • Honor Medal 2010
I live next door to a small office building that has been closed for about 7 years but when they left they left a wheelie bin and people was putting rubbish in it.
I reported it but they told me "cant collect it until its empty" so I unloaded the rubbish, took it to our dump then phoned the bin people again, they arrived in there lorry 3 weeks later but the bin was full again.
I give up, this time I emptied the bin, put bin in my garden, it has been there for the seven years now, the dump don't wont it, the council will only collect it if its on the road, shall I fly tip it.

Good day to one and all.

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 2 days ago #3196503

• Savvy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1456
  • Honor Medal 2010
Fine them a months pay and make them pick up illegally dumped trash every weekend for six months.

"I think I am a great moral leader" Donald Trump, Nov. 1018
"I think I can fly" Savvy, Jan. 2019

what punishment do you suggest 4 months 2 days ago #3196604

• kedro
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4959
  • Honor Medal 2010

Savvy wrote: Fine them a months pay and make them pick up illegally dumped trash every weekend for six months.

Now that makes a lot more sense than the inquisition nonsense suggested earlier!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds