Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: what punishment do you suggest

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194708

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4133
  • Honor Medal 2010
Six months community service on the bin Lorry followed by six more at the rubbish dump-sorry refuse transfer centre.
Six days a week.They can find paid employment in the evening.
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Cornish Pasty

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194728

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5526
  • Honor Medal 2010
last week close to Sainsbury’s Christchurch Dorset someone had tipped a might pile of rubbish

Punishment loss of driving license .
Any builder and associated trades inc landscapers etc ,definitely should imo get a prison sentence.
The guilty should see their name and face in print .
Followed by fines or imprisonment .

If the council tax was raised to offer a free monthly collection of larger household items maybe it would help towards stopping fly tipping .
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie

Last edit: by Rips.

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194740

• Jane R
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5261
  • Honor Medal 2010
Our council used to supply fortnightly skips at certain points, they stopped them and the rubbish is just dumped there continually. Seems a false economy to do away with the skips.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194758

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9912
  • Honor Medal 2010

Frankie wrote: You may not agree with me but I thoughts are to beat with a birch put in stocks so everyone can express their thoughts with rotten tomatoes and then made to pay and possibly put away for a bit.

Thankfully society has moved away from the dark ages Frankie.

Living in a very rural area, we often see rubbish dumped on a verge or layby....if they can do that why not drive to the tip?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie, JUJO

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194772

• TwistNShout
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1274
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

Frankie wrote: You may not agree with me but I thoughts are to beat with a birch put in stocks so everyone can express their thoughts with rotten tomatoes and then made to pay and possibly put away for a bit.

Living in a very rural area, we often see rubbish dumped on a verge or layby....if they can do that why not drive to the tip?

That is what confuses me, I've seen sofas, TVs and fridges dumped in the New Forest - if these scum can load this stuff up and take it that far why can't they take it to a tip?

I had the pleasure of reporting a truck which I saw pull into a layby and then tip the back to dump a load of rubble. I had a video (supplied to the police) plus truck registration and builder's name that was painted on the truck. I never heard anymore from the Police, so they are not enforcing the laws we do have.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, Robin

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194779

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9912
  • Honor Medal 2010

TwistNShout wrote:

Pats wrote:

That is what confuses me, I've seen sofas, TVs and fridges dumped in the New Forest - if these scum can load this stuff up and take it that far why can't they take it to a tip?

I had the pleasure of reporting a truck which I saw pull into a layby and then tip the back to dump a load of rubble. I had a video (supplied to the police) plus truck registration and builder's name that was painted on the truck. I never heard anymore from the Police, so they are not enforcing the laws we do have.

They may have had enough evidence to prosecute without you having to appear as a witness.

Happy to help.

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194783

• TwistNShout
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1274
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

TwistNShout wrote:

Pats wrote:

They may have had enough evidence to prosecute without you having to appear as a witness.

Always possible, but I would have thought they would have at least told me so.

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194839

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3746
  • Honor Medal 2010
Why not make the dumpers work for awhile unpaid on trash trucks say 1st offense 30 days that would benefit all, if age of health reasons came into play community service in retirement homes, in house keeping, we had an instance here of that years back the judge gave them a choice of a fine or work, they chose work.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie, Robin

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 1 week ago #3194856

• Annnie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2830
  • Honor Medal 2010
It's the people who pay council tax in the UK who pay for the fly tippers' mess to be cleared up and taken to the tip, so I agree a related to the offence local community service should be imposed.

Here we actually have councillors themselves , and schoolchildren involved in litter picking. They get their pictures in the local papers by way of praise and encouragement.

Tradespeople should be clobbered hard if caught.

Last edit: by Annnie.

what punishment do you suggest 6 months 6 days ago #3195338

• Frankie
  • Frankie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1787
  • Honor Medal 2010
Seriously though my thought is cant we have those guys who make it a job to glean information our of dustbins from the mounds of trash they dump?

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds