Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172232

• Zadra
  • Zadra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 212
  • Honor Medal 2010
This is the first time that I have tried a chat group, but I`m beginning to wonder whether I am suited for a chat group. I try my best never to hurt anyone`s feelings, but I feel that I have once or twice, and it always concerns me. Maybe that is inevitable sometimes, despite all the care one tries to take. But, I didn`t come here to make anyone, or myself, feel worse! Also, I tend to really care about the people that I correspond with often, and when they disappear from Buzz with no warning or explanation beforehand, I tend to worry about them. Am I just being overly sensitive? Does anyone else feel this way?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Michaela

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172255

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3419
  • Honor Medal 2010

Zadra wrote: This is the first time that I have tried a chat group, but I`m beginning to wonder whether I am suited for a chat group. I try my best never to hurt anyone`s feelings, but I feel that I have once or twice, and it always concerns me. Maybe that is inevitable sometimes, despite all the care one tries to take. But, I didn`t come here to make anyone, or myself, feel worse! Also, I tend to really care about the people that I correspond with often, and when they disappear from Buzz with no warning or explanation beforehand, I tend to worry about them. Am I just being overly sensitive? Does anyone else feel this way?

Hello Zadra and welcome to Buzz .
I remember my heart was in my mouth the first time I posted a reply :unsure:
I don’t think you’re over sensitive , no one like to be the cause of offence.
But you attack the post not the poster .
We can’t always agree that would be boring.... get yourself a tin hat and you’ll soon be use to life on the forum front .
looking forward to reading your replies on the forums :xxx:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Keeper, Frankie, Zadra, Michaela

Last edit: by Rips.

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172267

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7970
  • Honor Medal 2010
Be yourself, say what you feel. I know my opinions will not sit well with some people but it's only a forum. I got paranoid at one point when I thought that a particular poster was 'following' my posts and posting 'sarastic' comments.
I'm also sad that one or two of my friends have left recently but a forum is a virtual reflection of real life, I suppose.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Rosie 2 UK, AceStar, Keeper, Sirfurryanimal, Rips, Zadra, Michaela

Tolerance is the seed : acceptance is the tree.
Last edit: by Aida.

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172272

• Tachyon
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1487
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've used online forums since pre-Internet days, and while I was pretty attached to them for the first few years they become disposable after a while. I must have used hundreds and hundreds in the last 30 years, almost all of them forgotten by now, as are the people I chatted with. People come, people go, and that's just how it is.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, QuinTSensual, Sirfurryanimal, Rips, Zadra, Michaela, teabeme

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172283

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8590
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Zadra, I think it's good to consider the feelings of others but without taking it too much to heart if someone takes offence from something you have posted. You can't please all of the people all of the time and I have learned that however diplomatically I try to phrase something, it can be read interpreted differently by different people.

I wouldn't set out to be deliberately disagreeable or hurtful but sometimes a bit of jokey flippancy or sarcasm or a passionate response to a topic close to your heart can upset someone else - none of us know what life experiences other posters are going through, so it's easy to inadvertently touch a raw nerve.
If I'm going to disagree with a poster's comment, I try to address the comment or argue against the fact/opinion presented in a reasonable way, rather than attack the poster but we're all human and sometimes emotions prompt us to react in ways that needle each other.

It did used to bother me a lot if I thought I'd upset someone and would try to explain myself more clearly to put it right - sometimes that approach just deepens the misunderstanding between you, so I've learned to let it go. If I think I've crossed a line and been unkind or rude, I'd offer an apology and leave it at that.
You can only be responsible for what you write, you can't be responsible for the way other people read it, so I've learned not get too anxious about how others react to what I post.
The following user(s) said Well Said: kedro, pascalou, Vegemite Kid, Keeper, Rips, Zadra, Michaela

Step by step, one goes a long way.

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172294

• Ivorbigwedge
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1566
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think if you stay true to yourself then people will respect you for it.

I hold diametrically opposite views to a number of posters on certain issues but so long as you don't get personal most people can agree to differ.

I don't think people necessarily disappear from Buzz but because they are getting on with their lives sometimes Buzz takes a back seat. Sometimes I won't post for two or three weeks.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, Eira, Keeper, Zadra, Michaela

A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin, then waving it in the general direction of Italy.

Never argue with an idiot......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Last edit: by Ivorbigwedge.

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172551

• ALON
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 108
  • Honor Medal 2010
I sure don't feel that way. I don't worry one bit about what I post.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Zadra

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172581

• DancingByMyself
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 86

Zadra wrote: This is the first time that I have tried a chat group, but I`m beginning to wonder whether I am suited for a chat group. I try my best never to hurt anyone`s feelings, but I feel that I have once or twice, and it always concerns me. Maybe that is inevitable sometimes, despite all the care one tries to take. But, I didn`t come here to make anyone, or myself, feel worse! Also, I tend to really care about the people that I correspond with often, and when they disappear from Buzz with no warning or explanation beforehand, I tend to worry about them. Am I just being overly sensitive? Does anyone else feel this way?

Hi Zadra, I read your post and your replies thus far. I think the replies you have generated are very wise and helpful. I have read a lot in the forums and I do tend to read a lot more than I post, possibly due to similar feelings as yourself. When I read a thread that appears to have become a bit (shall I say) 'passionate' I prefer not to get involved. I, as you mention, don't want to be responsible for making anyone feel bad and I certainly didn't join Buzz to feel unhappy. I enjoyed reading the advice you received as it has made me feel a little more confident about possibly making a comment in a more serious thread in the future. I am also considering going to a few 'meet ups' later this year, as I think maybe putting a face to a name may be useful to get to know who you are communicating with, possibly like telephone relationships in business, it is good to put a face to a name :)
I do hope you stay and that you enjoy Buzz, there are some great personalities on here and also read the less serious threads and you will get an insight into the witty and clever people on here too. It is very easy to missinterpret the intention of text and we all know that a sentence can be taken different ways depending on the way it is said.
Keep Buzzing Zadra :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira, Keeper, Rips, Zadra, Michaela

Last edit: by DancingByMyself.

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 2 days ago #3172619

• Back again
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 99
  • Honor Medal 2010
All I can say dear friend if you are not comfortable on this topic well leave it.

There are more topic to join in with
The following user(s) said Well Said: Michaela

I`m beginning to think that I might not be suited for chat groups 1 week 1 day ago #3172833

• Robin
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 297
  • Honor Medal 2010
hope it wasn't me putting you off and if it was I apologize. I don't have mush tack, I talk direct and to the point so nothing is lost in the translation. it is not directed to hurt people, more like to let it be know where I stand. give it another go.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Zadra

• Page:
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds