TOPIC: Did your parents ever hit you?

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149125

• JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6634
  • Honor Medal 2010
My late parents were absolutely amazing, truly fantastic, best parents ever, They listened,helped,advised,,guided me,For that I am truly grateful, They never judged me , not ever did either of them ever raise their hand to me, I was never ever hit by my parents,if I had been naughty, my parents would explain to me,what I had done wrong,and I had a little punishment,nothing severe,
My husband and I have both never ever raised our hands to our son, when he was little, and he was naughty,I did to our son what my parents done to me, explain to him what he did wrong,
Did your parents ever hit you? Were your punishment severe?
The following user(s) said Well Said: photogeek, yrral32

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149132

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2650
  • Honor Medal 2010
My father never raised his hand to us when we were kids. But i remember how i could still feel my mum's slaps the next day..
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, photogeek

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149141

• fastdawg1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1030
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, I was beat pretty badly at times. Belt, switches, board, thrown through a screen door when I was about 5 for making too much noise during a football game on TV. Used to go to Boy Scouts crying sometimes, my Uncle was the scout master, he would call my Aunt, my mom's sister, and give her hell. Then when I got home, got beat again. I've actually warned women I've been with never to play slap me in the face, because my reflex action on that is pretty harsh and unintended. I don't feel scarred by it, but the reflex thing is probably my only hold over, can't stand being hit in the face, but then again, who can.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, photogeek, Robin, Michaela

Cowards die a thousand deaths, heroes die but once.

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149153

• photogeek
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5968
  • Honor Medal 2010
My father was only a small stocky man, but he threw his weight around with my mum & us kids. I have recollections of being picked up by the scruff & punched because I was crying in bed, of being hit so hard on the back of the head that it knocked me off my chair & across the room. My mum would get a smack if she said anything. I never got round to confronting him man to man. I wish I had, but it's too late now.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, Michaela

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149154

• photogeek
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5968
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: My late parents were absolutely amazing, truly fantastic, best parents ever, They listened,helped,advised,,guided me,For that I am truly grateful, They never judged me , not ever did either of them ever raise their hand to me, I was never ever hit by my parents,if I had been naughty, my parents would explain to me,what I had done wrong,and I had a little punishment,nothing severe,
My husband and I have both never ever raised our hands to our son, when he was little, and he was naughty,I did to our son what my parents done to me, explain to him what he did wrong,
Did your parents ever hit you? Were your punishment severe?

It's nice to know you had good parents JuJo.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149174

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4241
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had a wonderful childhood and never doubted my parent’s love for both me and my sister ...

But i also remember my father’s temper ...my mother worked nights when we were younger, and it fell to my father to get us in from playing outside, and ready for bed ...all had to be done quickly and NO fighting or arguing with your sister ! There were times he marched up the stairs with a belt, which more often than not, was all ‘bark and no bite’ , but not always .... sometimes the belt coming down across our bedding....such was the way my father, at those times, expressed his frustration with us.

I don’t ever recall being slapped or hit .... I cringe at these stories from others :(

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149178

• yrral32
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3703
  • Honor Medal 2010
JUJO wrote: My late parents were absolutely amazing, truly fantastic, best parents ever, They listened,helped,advised,,guided me,For that I am truly grateful, They never judged me , not ever did either of them ever raise their hand to me, I was never ever hit by my parents,if I had been naughty, my parents would explain to me,what I had done wrong,and I had a little punishment,nothing severe,

sounds like my parents too!! Also I never hit my son when he was little "explain to my son what my parents done to me" explanation---why it was wrong !!!

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149190

• Jane R
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5407
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had a happy childhood and was never smacked - my older brother had a tanning off my dad on one occasion but mostly we were all kept in order by one look from dad - he would sometimes threaten(one or other of us four) to 'leave the track of me five fingers across your ass' but he never did.
Couldn't have had more caring or loving parents.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, Michaela

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149196

• Penny Noodles
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 619
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was hit by my father. I supposed he'd call it 'smacked'. He once took me to parent's evening and then hit me 13 times for every time I had supposedly not done my homework. No explanation of mine would suffice even though I knew the dodgery old science teacher had mistaken me for someone else. Even called me by a different name when I went in. He hit my mum at times, too.
I can't remember my mum hitting me. I respect her much more than I did my father.

I have never raised a hand to my own children who are now grown-up. I never needed to. They were spoken to and their opinions asked for. They have both grown up to be lovely, kind, caring, respectful members of society and hopefully, they won't ever feel the need to hit their children either.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, Jennet, JUJO, Michaela

Did your parents ever hit you? 1 week 4 days ago #3149198

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 10070
  • Honor Medal 2010
My parents were pretty much like yours Jujo's I guess. They never laid a finger on us and were so humourous, fun , and loving besides we could talk of everything, nothing was ever taboo at home.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, JUJO

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.