Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race?

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 5 months 1 week ago #3150535

• Jane R
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5063
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote:

Jane R wrote: No problem at all provided the person involved was decent, caring and made my child happy. I can't understand this 'race' term either, it's so divisive. We are all different shades and features of the same, the human race.

I think racism is wrong - but acknowledging different races and cultures is not - so if the 'race term' is used to do that, it is fine.
That is not divisive.

I didn't mention culture.
I disgree entirely with the rest of your post.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, Dennis 2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 5 months 1 week ago #3150566

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3700
  • Honor Medal 2010
Different countries of birth have and instill very different values on some and those usually do not mix very well in many cases as I witnessed personally with a relative who married out of race and values. It goes right back to my earlier post of the person and where they are from. Most of my close friends are from other lands by birth, now legal citizens. We would certainly have food issues.

Last edit: by Dennis 2.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 5 months 1 week ago #3150571

• Back again
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 185
  • Honor Medal 2010
For me if my child loved the person it wouldn't matter at all. It would be interesting to learn of there cultures.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 5 months 1 week ago #3150625

• Vegemite Kid
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 12153
  • Honor Medal 2010

Different countries of birth have and instill very different values on some

That is culture - not race.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds