Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race?

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3149507

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8779
  • Honor Medal 2010
Well, all my kids except the eldest are already loved up and coupled up.
If our eldest lad, who is now in his mid 40s and has not yet found "the one for him" ever tells me he has found his partner for life, I'd be delighted for him and do my best to like and develop a good relationship with the person he had chosen to spend his life with, whatever race, sex, age, blah blah blah, the love of his life happens to be. :kiss:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, PopsnTuff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3149669

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2830
  • Honor Medal 2010
No
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, PopsnTuff

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3149769

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
All every parents want is their children to be safe,healthy and happy, people should see beyond the colour of skin, their is a person behind the skin, a person who could make your child very happy,
Different skin colour,different nationalities are not important,happiness is, no greater gift for a parent than to see their children happy,

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3149937

• Steffiegirl
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 456
  • Honor Medal 2010
Well in my day (and most of yours to as you're over 50 as well) it was frowned upon if somebody went out with a person of colour. Very rare back then. But yes I was annoyed at first when she stated going out with a guy from Rio (he was adopted at a yong age and brought up as a Norwegian) but my ex-husband wouldn't let him in the house. But they've been together now for such a long time that it is what it is.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3149998

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 15569
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not in my experience it wasn't.

My uncle was the first person in our family to marry someone of another race, he married an Indian lady. None of us had any issues with that.
About 40 years ago..

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3150152

• Jane R
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5632
  • Honor Medal 2010
No problem at all provided the person involved was decent, caring and made my child happy. I can't understand this 'race' term either, it's so divisive. We are all different shades and features of the same, the human race.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, PopsnTuff, Dennis 2, Serena77

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3150157

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 957
  • Honor Medal 2010
Being able to converse in the same lingua franca with a similar degree of education. Is the answer.
Classic examples being Carribean folk. Originally consigned as irrelevantly menial.
Now as demonstrated on media.
Much admired excellence, in almost anything they participate in. Often in excess of the indigenous.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, PopsnTuff

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3150220

• Annette
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4396
  • Honor Medal 2010
Attachments:

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3150236

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4390
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote: No problem at all provided the person involved was decent, caring and made my child happy. I can't understand this 'race' term either, it's so divisive. We are all different shades and features of the same, the human race.

My mother always said always look as who refers to the race issue the most as to where the problem is, I totally still believe that, all anyone has to do is look some use the word almost daily, they are not hard to spot. Some use the race card, others show the anti US feelings, some show both.

Windy today a change shall show soon, some shall see it.

Jane I support your views totally
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, PopsnTuff, waterlily, Jane R

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 2 months 1 week ago #3150463

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 15569
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote: No problem at all provided the person involved was decent, caring and made my child happy. I can't understand this 'race' term either, it's so divisive. We are all different shades and features of the same, the human race.

I think racism is wrong - but acknowledging different races and cultures is not - so if the 'race term' is used to do that, it is fine.
That is not divisive.

Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds