Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race?

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149303

• snewps
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 929
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wouldn't mind at all turn us inside out and we are all the same colour, my parents brought me up not to discriminate against anyone and my estranged and I brought our children up the same, it would be the same if they were gay as long as they are happy what does it matter. :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx: :xxx:[/b][/b]
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Vegemite Kid, PopsnTuff, evel1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149314

• jennilin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 438
  • Honor Medal 2010
It might be slightly more difficult but if the relationship is strong then it will cope with the cultural differences I expect tolerance might be important because each will have their own preferences re food, music, religion maybe etc but the differences will be part of the attraction I suspect .. I would not mind at all ..
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149336

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3200
  • Honor Medal 2010
Can't see why it would be a problem.Not that I have either!

The Cornish Pasty

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149342

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4357
  • Honor Medal 2010
Giving an honest answer it would depend on the person and where they were from, my opinion only
Waiting for the storms to hit.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149384

• PopsnTuff
  • PopsnTuff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11691
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: I would mind, I was married to a Japanese woman from 1965 until she passed away in 2002.

Did you mean 'wouldn't mind' OA?

Hello January....bring us some light fluffy snow to brighten up the dull scenery outside....

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149397

• kedro
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5475
  • Honor Medal 2010
Depends on the person - certainly and most definitly!
Where they are from - not so much. (Except Texas maybe - I hear those people are really goofy :silly: )
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, PopsnTuff

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149424

• PopsnTuff
  • PopsnTuff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11691
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: One of my daughters went out with a boy from a Muslim family for a while when she was a student. I was concerned because I knew his family would not approve if he had been honest with them. He hadn't told them. We made him welcome in our home and waited to see what transpired. It fizzled out - she is a feminist which might have caused problems - but they were still in contact for a long time afterwards. There was also a romance for a time with a lovely Jewish guy.
You have to roll with it.

Roll with it is right Aida....they may take into consideration our input or opinions but the kids are gonna do what they want anyways, ultimately , right?

Hello January....bring us some light fluffy snow to brighten up the dull scenery outside....
Last Edit: by PopsnTuff.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149451

• Dennis 2
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4357
  • Honor Medal 2010

kedro wrote: Depends on the person - certainly and most definitly!
Where they are from - not so much. (Except Texas maybe - I hear those people are really goofy :silly: )

Those from Texas don't usually do well with others full of undesirable qualities not the PC types at all, really for the most part a fact. Speaking of the rural folks. My ex daughter in law as a Texas born here a real dud nothing more than a loser in life yup they are all over her sister married a foreign man that hardly spoke any English, no job or work skills and treated her badly and beat her it lasted maybe 6 months yup there are some that are just not worth the effort to try to help and all was so very plain from day one we all met him so yes there are some that fit all descriptions here as everywhere else. I have no use for those in life that just wish to project negatives on others, just real sorry individuals. They are lacking or missing something.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149469

• Aussienan
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 501
  • Honor Medal 2010
As long as they were a decent person wouldn't matter to me that's all that counts and as long as they loved each other.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149472

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 15114
  • Honor Medal 2010

PopsnTuff wrote:

oldal wrote: I would mind, I was married to a Japanese woman from 1965 until she passed away in 2002.

Did you mean 'wouldn't mind' OA?

he clarified in a later post that he meant "wouldnt mind"

Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.