Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race?

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149133

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 401
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not bothered about Race or Religion, but having worked and lived in several countries on several Continents, know the problems that can be faced and seen it first hand. Not a pleasant experience to watch and was unable to intervene at the time.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aviara, PopsnTuff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149197

• fastdawg1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1030
  • Honor Medal 2010
Years ago, not sure what my answer would have been, but I know these days, it wouldn't be an issue (honest answer so don't beat me up). Things change, people change, people mature, myself included. We're really all mutts anyway, we're mixed more than we'd like to think or believe, it just depends on how far back we go.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, PopsnTuff, Heather

Cowards die a thousand deaths, heroes die but once.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149205

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 10070
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have been married into another race for over 25 years and got beautiful handsome and happy mixed race kids.
So cool for me! B)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie, cestrian, Pats, Vegemite Kid, Eira, PopsnTuff, JUJO, Zadra, fastdawg1, Heather

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last Edit: by pascalou.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149207

• Heather
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 555
  • Honor Medal 2010
Wouldn't mind at all. In fact, I have a feeling that a lovely Asian woman will be my daughter-in-law in the not so distant future. She makes my son so happy, and that is all that really matters to me. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: kedro, TwistNShout, Vegemite Kid, PopsnTuff, norm1035, Zadra, Hughie, fastdawg1

I am pieces of all the places I have been, and the people I have loved.
I've been stitched together by song lyrics, book quotes,
adventure, late night conversations, moonlight,
and the smell of coffee.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149251

• TwistNShout
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1559
  • Honor Medal 2010
I can't imagine most reasonable people would object, the important thing is love and caring for each other.

I went out with a Pakistani Muslim girl at Polytechnic, she couldn't tell her parents (though both her brothers knew and approved) as they would have been upset. She eventually entered into an arranged marriage and last I heard was very happy.

Time change, my grandfather would not allow his brother-in-law's second wife into the house because she was German - but they married in 1947 so the wounds from the war were still very fresh.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149268

• Annette
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4067
  • Honor Medal 2010
Why do a lot of people see religion or nationality as "race"?

I dont mind any partner, male, female, whatever race or colour, whatever religion or way of life, whatever nationality as long as they love each other.

After all...it is not my choice to make, is it?
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Heather

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149269

• Topsy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3372
  • Honor Medal 2010
Reading through these posts , see most would not object which is good IMO. Shows we becoming more accepting .
As for me, no problem , although as my *crowd *are all married to English people , happily,cannot really seeing it arising
Smile
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Michaela

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149270

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 12498
  • Honor Medal 2010
Why would anybody 'mind'?:unsure:

There is only one race anyway...that is the human race.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Annnie, PopsnTuff, Heyjk60, Heather

Happy to help.
Last Edit: by Pats.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149285

• QuinTSensual
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 710
  • Honor Medal 2010
Race, colour or culture, not so much an issue.
'Naivety'. In someone, teens, and twenties, otherwise flattered, can be.
This family had a near miss. >> Had a parental finger not been on the pulse.
The Suitor. Similarly Caucasian 5yrs older.
Being sussed and later publically confirmed, as a "Svengali" reincarnation.
Its what is subliminal 'Within'. That is all too often Unknown. Or underestimated.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

"Out of the eyes and words of children, we 'may' best be known."

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149286

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4241
  • Honor Medal 2010
That would be lovely if we found that everywhere and all felt that way Pats....but I can think of lots of stories about plenty of families that ‘minded’ when their son or daughter came home with someone of a different race. Often Family values/traditions can be stronger than any love the couple may feel towards each other , and one can’t live in ‘romantic bubbles’ all the time, with no concern for the influence family members may have, which may be a very strong, negative ‘pull’....if you know what I mean. ....

Personally, I’ve never experienced this kind of situation, but I certainly know of families that have ....
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.