Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race?

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 5 days ago #3149007

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6633
  • Honor Medal 2010
No matter what race his chosen partner was,it would be his choice,We would always love and respect our son, His happiness,contentment,is paramount,
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, PopsnTuff, Aida, yrral32, Zadra

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 5 days ago #3149016

• Rhett1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 673
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mine did. She’s the D I Law from hell...
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149034

• Ivorbigwedge
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1496
  • Honor Medal 2010
We have some friends whose eldest son is in a long term relationship with a muslim girl he met whilst both studying architecture at university.

Her parents are Afghan refugees, her father a lecturer and her mother a doctor. Both have absolutely no idea about the fact that their daughter is in a relationship with Martin, let alone has lived with him for 5 years. She is absolutely terrified of telling her parents such is the depth of their feelings about relationships outside their community. When they visit he has to move out and every vestige of his existence has to be removed from their flat.

He is distraught but puts up with it because he loves her so much. So sad in this day and age.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, QuinTSensual, yrral32, oceantides

A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin, then waving it in the general direction of Italy.

Never argue with an idiot......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149039

• Mawai
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3736
  • Honor Medal 2010
My wife am i, are already mixed ! We got marvelous children and grandkids!
So, the mixing of races is not a problem, I tell you! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, PopsnTuff, Vienna, Serena77, yrral32, Heather

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149042

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2650
  • Honor Medal 2010
I don't have children, but i know that i wouldn't mind at all.

My family is made up of different religions, and that works fine - no problems there.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mawai, PopsnTuff, yrral32

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149071

• Heyjk60
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 956
  • Honor Medal 2010
Of course I would not mind. The thought that someone would is scary to me.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mawai, PopsnTuff, yrral32

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149086

• caretaker
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 943
  • Honor Medal 2010
My daughter married a scotch man and it took me some time to get used to his accent.
He loves her so that's all that matters.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, yrral32

Good day to one and all.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149089

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4241
  • Honor Medal 2010
That is very sad ... and stressful, for your son Ivor, and such a shame. But I’m sure within certain communities, still happening.

I wouldn’t mind if either of my children had married a person of a different race ...my advice to them would have been to know each other very well first (advice to anyone) but also to know the family and any family ties very well...one doesn’t just marry the person....one ‘marries’ the whole family often. ...
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, yrral32, Zadra

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149092

• sandoval
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 258
  • Honor Medal 2010
I actually went out with an Indian girl back in the late 70's who was a friend of a friend but we had to keep it a secret because she said if her father found out she was dating me he would kill me so I think we are sometimes too relaxed and unaware of the other sides families culture and beliefs. You often hear of a different race partner running back to their own country with the child and the heartache that brings.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 1 week 4 days ago #3149107

• Carlt
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 18
Who cares so long as they love one another and care for each other. If anyone does mind they are living in prehistorical times
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, PopsnTuff, JUJO, Vienna, Zadra

Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.