Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race?

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148934

• PopsnTuff
  • PopsnTuff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10033
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wouldnt mind at all .
We are all the same, just humans.
When two people love each other , skin color should not matter at all ... my son is married to an Asian girl and have two gorgeous children...I luv them to pieces :xxx:
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, Aida, Vienna, Serena77, Rumbling Brook

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello July...the days are hotter and the nights are longer....

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148947

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2705
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would mind, I was married to a Japanese woman from 1965 until she passed away in 2002.
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148955

• himerus
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2653
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would probably be more concerned about religious differences.
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, PopsnTuff, QuinTSensual, Steffiegirl, Zadra

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148956

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11402
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: I would mind, I was married to a Japanese woman from 1965 until she passed away in 2002.

Oldal is that a typo?

Why would you mind if you did it yourself?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148957

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2705
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote: I would mind, I was married to a Japanese woman from 1965 until she passed away in 2002.

I meant to say, I would not mind. (it's been a long day)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Vegemite Kid, Mawai, PopsnTuff, Aida, Rips, Vienna, Serena77, Heather

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148958

• Rumbling Brook
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 985
  • Honor Medal 2010
No, why should I mind? My whole family is mixed. And if you think about it everyone's is to a certain degree, at least.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mawai, PopsnTuff, Aida, Rhett1, Vienna

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148960

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11402
  • Honor Medal 2010
No I would not mind at all.

Several members of my extended family have done that, why would anyone mind?

I would be concerned if my child partnered with someone with massively different values or lifestyle - but that is not a race issue.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, TwistNShout, Mawai, PopsnTuff, Aida, Steffiegirl, Vienna, Heather

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148965

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11371
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would not mind. We may be different color but we all bleed the same, red. My extended family is mixed as well, didn't go well with my parents but they did adapt to it eventually. Strength of character and personality mean so much more than the color of one's skin.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mawai, PopsnTuff, Aida

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3148973

• Rips
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4899
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think with age we become more relaxed with ourselves and can appreciate our chilrens happiness is paramount.
When I was younger I might of had a twinge of regret....only a very small twinge that I would of kept to myself and got over very quickly.
Now if my single son introduced me to someone he would like to spend time with I’d be thrilled any race male or fem
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, PopsnTuff

Would u mind if your daughter/son wished to marry a person of a different race? 6 months 6 days ago #3149006

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7541
  • Honor Medal 2010
One of my daughters went out with a boy from a Muslim family for a while when she was a student. I was concerned because I knew his family would not approve if he had been honest with them. He hadn't told them. We made him welcome in our home and waited to see what transpired. It fizzled out - she is a feminist which might have caused problems - but they were still in contact for a long time afterwards. There was also a romance for a time with a lovely Jewish guy.
You have to roll with it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff

You lay down with dogs, you risk getting fleas.
Last edit: by Aida.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds