TOPIC: MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319839

• merchandiser
  • merchandiser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 83
  • Honor Medal 2010
When I entered my local supermarket on a recent morning, I could not help but notice a rather large spider crawling on the floor by the front window. Before anyone could CRY "WOLF....spider ", I grabbed an umbrella from a rack nearby me and poked the critter while it scampered by the wall and squooshed it putting my phobic nemesis out of its misery. YES...its misery. Think about it. Would you want to be a spider? What do you have to look forward to? eating a fly? spinning a web? battling some incredibly shrunk human for a bread crumb? I think not. Sending this arachnid to an early demise was the decent think to do.

Besides, I could not in good conscience allow this creature to roam around the supermarket where some startled frightened customer might encounter it on a shelf and drop or knock over a jar of pickles , mayonnaise, or vinegar. Imagine that cleanup. !!!....and imagine a little old lady with heart condition grabbing that roaming predator while picking up a kumquat in the produce aisle and dropping dead from fright . Yes. Killing that eight legged behemoth was the right thing for me to do. What the hell was Noah thinking letting spiders on his yacht?

That same morning I killed a mosquito too I noticed on a glass door in the freezer aisle by my Java Chip Haagen Dazs . I crushed that little sucker with a quick blow from a tissue in my pocket thus possibly helping reduce the equine encephalitis cases which have been on the rise. . Oh ..the things I do for my country and fellow citizens. !!! These were just two of my many recent contributions to mankind. What have you done lately to benefit the human race?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Serena77, WWWoody, Sweetness56, BlushingOrchid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319842

• BlushingOrchid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 888
  • Honor Medal 2010
I smiled as I read your story just now. I would have been the customer little lady with the heart condition
and anxiety LOL

Job well done, If I say so myself wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, WWWoody

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319844

• BlushingOrchid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 888
  • Honor Medal 2010
What I have done just today to make the world safer, was to remove some slippery tar-like material outside on the sidewalk of where I reside, something spilled, someone now won't fall, because I have removed it. A mess cleaned
up (whatever it was?) saves a broken hip, leg, arm, shoulder or many related things ;)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Serena77, WWWoody, Rose57

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319855

• WWWoody
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1621
  • Honor Medal 2010
I catch and release spiders. Who am I to smash them?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Frankie, Aries1950

God Bless Murica!

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319857

• SP12
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1193
  • Honor Medal 2010
Some people say before you can cross the bridge into heaven you have to face every animal you ever came into contact with and justify your treatment of them - I certainly hope that doesn't include spiders, flies, wasps and mosquitos !
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319889

• Aries1950
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1607
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote: I catch and release spiders. Who am I to smash them?

I never kill spiders. I catch them and throw them outside, whether I'm home or at work. I would always tell my mother years ago, that they are a good insect, since they kill a variety of pests. But it was like talking to a rock, all I ever heard was, "I don't care! I hate spiders!".
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, WWWoody

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319890

• Aries1950
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1607
  • Honor Medal 2010

SP12 wrote: Some people say before you can cross the bridge into heaven you have to face every animal you ever came into contact with and justify your treatment of them - I certainly hope that doesn't include spiders, flies, wasps and mosquitos !

Oh here we go again with those German shepherds from my childhood that terrorized me.

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319902

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1232
  • Honor Medal 2010
Best spider is a dead spider filthy horrible beasts. I do try and throw them out of the house and I mean walking to the end of my drive and launching the little gits. But if they start playing silly beggars when I am trying to catch them in my spider catcher they usually get the sole of my boot for a hat.

To make the world safer today I have fed trees and plants by breathing out a lot, I have had my car Terra Cleaned so it runs a lot smoother and produces a lot less emissions and I have been decorating and only using water based paints.

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319950

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 14427
  • Honor Medal 2010
What have you done lately to benefit the human race? ( Toads as well) !!

I allow a fat little brown toad the freedom to utilize my garage as a "crash pad." I could drop him off at the nearest toad shelter and thus burden other taxpayers - to pay for his room and board. I can't do that - he likes his independence - he told me!

I don't intrude on his freedom per se - he is a free loader and even hitches rides on my lawnmower. Another thing is there is no curfew that is imposed on this frisky little fellow.

I sure hope he has enough sense to not overdo those nocturnal wanderings...that's not asking for much! Sneaky little toad might just want more company. Sure enough there are two of them now! Of all the nerve!! OH, I knew it - they're croaking " sweet nothings" to each other. I expect to revamp my garage to allow room for their little toadletts soon. Not looking forwards to that!

All the things I do for the love of Toads and for my fellow man!! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody, Aries1950

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

MAKING OUR WORLD SAFER 1 month 2 weeks ago #3319952

• WWWoody
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1621
  • Honor Medal 2010
We had a frog that used to climb up the side of our house to hang out by the light. Warmer up there I guess. I never actually witnessed it climbing but how else? Lol. He was a good friend. :D
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

God Bless Murica!
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds